Need a bit of funding for a trail project? Let NEMBA help.
NEMBA Trail Grants
Have a favorite trail that needs some TLC? Want to build a new one? Each year, NEMBA awards between $4000 and $5000 in grants for projects around New England.
NEMBA grants provide financial support to enable mountain bikers and trail stewardship partners to perform trail projects on public land where mountain biking is allowed. Preference is given to projects that build or improve trails, but all projects will be considered. These grants can be awarded to NEMBA chapters, land managers and non-profit organizations.
Grant requests can be from $100 to $500.
- Spring: April 15 (Awarded April 30)
- Fall: August 31 (Awarded September 15th)
The following are required to be included in your application:
1) Applicant Name, Organization, Email, Phone, Mailing Address
2) Project Description: Why is the project beneficial and necessary? What trail problems will be addressed?
3) Budget. Itemize the materials and costs of your project. Be as specific as possible
4) Map of where the project is to take place.
5) Letter of Support from the land manager or management agency supporting and approving of your project.
NEMBA Signature Trail Grants
NEMBA's Signature Trail Grant Program provides funding for exceptional trail projects spearheaded and executed by a NEMBA Chapter and are limited to the creation of new trails and trail systems.
Only open to NEMBA chapters the program's goal is to "get more trails on the ground".
2022 Grant Cycle
Part One (Deadline: February 1st): Email a one paragraph project description to . These will be shared with the NEMBA Trail Grants Committee to review the viability of your chapter’s proposal and issue your chapter an invitation to submit a full grant proposal.
Part Two (Deadline March 1st): Invitees will submit their full grant proposal. The grant winners will be announced by March 31st.